Saturday, January 28, 2012

My couponing experience with Joe V's and Kroger

I started couponing about a year ago exactly! My husband had lost his job, and it was VERY hard to keep the bills paid etc! So I saw the first episode of extreme couponing and knew this was a way I could keep my family fed, and with personal items and keep my bills paid. So I started to do the research! I researched and researched! I came across some great websites as resources, the one I like the most is Krazycouponlady.com! I love that website, they are great! I really have to say she is the reason I am where I am today !! I have really learned alot from her and others in the couponing world! So hence a reason I write this blog! I CONSTANTLY have people asking me how to coupon, what to do etc etc! Well I am going to give you some advice! Get dedicated and study the sales ads as well as get multiple copies of papers every weekend! Then again like I have stated before look for those sales that have a coupon to match! Sales price +coupons = tons of savings! So here is what I did tonight! I live in Baytown Texas. We have recently gotten a new store called Joe V's it is a HEB company, however, they cut costs in several ways. Now I will tell you, the reviews from Joe's has not been the greatest! Baytown women really wanted a big HEB. However HEB decided that is not  what Baytown needed, the corporation instead decided to send us a Joe v's. I am personally pleased with the store!!! The prices are amazing and the selection are decent. So let me tell you a little bit about how the store is!

They have low prices of course! The have a beautiful produce section! Good meats and great meat prices! However, because of this the store isn't your typical type of grocery store, you do have to bag your own groceries, they of course give the bags to you, but you have to put your items in the bags. But that's fine with me! They do not have go karts like for the elderly or whatever, so it's small things that keep their prices down. Their selection is not a big one! Let's say instead of having 10 things of mayo hey have say 5 to choose from. That is  also is fine with me, they do have name brands, but they have alot of the HEB brand which is hill country fair. That is also fine with me, I bought that when I would shop at HEB anyways! On certain things of course ! They also stock the shelves, in an unconventional way.  One thing you may have to remember is that cheap prices bring out some characters! :) But hey that's ok! I can shop with the best of em! Here is what it looks like.


The whole store is not on pallets, but they stuff is in the boxes on the shelves. But Hey, what does that matter, when you get it home you don't care how it was sitting on the shelf!  Again, it's the way I think they keep the prices down. So here is what all I got using super low prices and coupons on top of that!


Well in this spread I got meat, chicken nuggets, bath and beauty products, I got deodorant for 37 cents! Stove top at 4/1.00 Fruity Pebbles for 94 cents a box! Banana's for less than a dollar!!! The listed price was 3 lbs for a dollar! My total at Joe's! 47.54!!!!
My next lot was at Krogers! Now I usually don't shop at Krogers, I am mad at them! LOL They actually were the store I started out with, but since April they stopped doubling and tripling coupons! If they still had that policy in place I would have gotten most of this stuff free! However, I didn't! But Here is what I got! 96 items and only paid 103.11 Started at 241.56, with sale prices and coupons, 103.11!!!!! 96 Items! That is only a little more than 1.00 an item!!!! In my load , I got Sunny D for about 50 cents a bottle, gold fish for 79. cents a bag! I TOTALLY stocked up on those! They are usually about 2.00 a bag! Remember when you can get a price about 75% below retail that is when you need to buy as many as possible so you can stock up til the next time they go on sale! Cheese was 1.99 a package which isn't a BIG BIG savings, but it was enough that I knew it wasn't going to be that low again for a while so I got five! I was bummed I didn't have a coupon for those! Last year I got them for 55 cents!
So anyways! This is all I got and I will not have to go to the store for groceries for a while, really just meats probably! Does this mean I stop couponing! Heck no! If I find a good deal you can be certain I will get it!!! I have noticed that the BEST time for couponing is now until maybe april-ish! Once it starts the fall season it kinda dies down. I mean of course you can still do it but not as great as now!

No comments:

Post a Comment